You may have been taking a multivitamin for years now, but are you familiar with what essential micronutrients make up that capsule (or gummy!) support system?
Making a multivitamin is a painstaking process. When formulating our multivitamins, we work with scientists and experts to ensure you’re getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs, including specific micronutrient levels.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the common components you may find in your daily multi. These popular micronutrients are the “building blocks” of a multivitamin.
- Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones, but it also helps build strong teeth, supports the immune system, and helps your body absorb calcium.*
- Vitamin C is generally associated with immune support, but it’s also key to building connective tissues that support healthy hair, skin, and nails.*
- Zinc is a key component to over 300 reactions throughout the body and is important to both immune function and men’s health.*
- Magnesium is a key mineral for healthy muscle function.*
- B-Vitamins, such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, and biotin, support your energy, helping you thrive every day.*
- Vitamin B-12, in addition to supporting the formation of cellular energy, also supports the healthy function of the nervous system and the formation of red blood cells.*
- Selenium is a great antioxidant known to support immune and thyroid function.*
- Calcium is helps support healthy bones.*
Psst: While it might be common knowledge that vitamins and minerals are the core of any solid multivitamin formula, our Alive!® multivitamins do the job and more with food-based blends, including Orchard Fruits™ and Garden Veggies™ powder blends.
Want to add to your lineup? Understandable. Shop here.