Oftentimes we can get stuck in a slump, a funk, or just not feeling our best that day, and it can feel challenging to move through it. Rather than judging the mood or feeling stuck, here are a few simple ways to boost your mood (and you can do them all right now, easily)!
- Make time for one thing every day that you look forward to. Our to-do lists can quickly take over our days. Scheduling in one thing that you can look forward to is a game changer. Whether it's a workout, a walk outside, cooking dinner, or a face mask, scheduling it on your calendar the same way you would a meeting will give you something to be excited about in your day. (Some days just putting on jeans and going outside is enough!)
- Create small goals and celebrate the little wins. Creating longer-term goals is important, but setting smaller, bite-sized goals that you can accomplish within a week are just as important and are guaranteed to boost your mood! Write them down and give yourself a deadline. Make sure to celebrate when you complete them.
- Be still. Whether it's a short meditation or just pausing to take a few deep breaths, getting still and connecting to your breath will allow you to slow down and put things into perspective. Try this breathwork to start your day – or whenever you need it. There is always time for a deep breath.
- Throw yourself a dance party. Hear me out. Having a solo dance party at home may not be your first idea for a mood booster, but it is impossible not to smile when you put on your favorite song and dance around. I swear by a solo dance party every day for 3 minutes while your coffee is brewing, when a meeting ends early – the possibilities are endless.
- Write a gratitude list. Put pen to paper and wrote out 3-5 things that you're grateful for. There is nothing too small to put on this list. Writing them out when so many things are done digitally these days is also a great mindful practice.
And just like that, mood BOOSTED!